Thursday, March 25, 2010

The review of blue team's version

So, I start with testing another team game. As I have already heard that there have been some problems to get files working, I know what to do. I corrected their _main.cfg file by replacing ’data/campaigns/The_Cafeteria’ with ’ data/add-ons/The_Cafeteria’ and ’@campaigns’ with ’~add-ons’.

I am using version 1.6.5 to test it.

The cafeteria is a campaign about the economical fight. Who has better things to offer and more clients and more Money!



I started and chose 'Normal' version of the game:

And I get error: ’Tundmatu stsenaarium: ’01_scenarion’.

It seems that the game is not working in version 1.6.5. I asked others how could I get the game to work. They said that it is working with version 1.7. I tried with it, but the error message was the same.

So I tried again with 1.6.5 - I uninstalled it and then installed it again. It seems that I am able to play it, as now I even see the pictures they have added to their campaign, but after choosing the level I received:


As I have heard that some people managed to play few levels of the game, then maybe there is something wrong in my computer settings, cause source code is same for everybody.

So I started to surf in their catalogue to find maps and pictures and code files.
I have to say I liked the background map idea - like Estonia, and instead of water there is a cafeteria table with cups and cigarettes. Nice idea.
Characters seem to be nicely picked as well - tough (like mafia people).

I am sure that they have seen a lot of effort in creating this campaign, but I am just not able to play it by myself.

No comments: